We take individual privacy seriously. This Statement explains our policies and practices.
We respect your privacy and we promise:
- • to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect;
- • to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide a better service;
- • to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data;
- not to disclose your personal data to external parties unless you have agreed, we are required by law or we have previously informed you.
- 1. Information collection
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect information such as company name, your name, email address and telephone number when you register with us or use our services or communicate with us.
To provide the best quality of services and products to the clients, we collect information and maintain a membership database. In the process, we also collect personal information about individual contact persons of the companies or their employees. Separately, we collect personal information of individuals in the course of and in relation to provision of our services or products.
If specific information is requested but not supplied, we may be unable to provide the requested service.
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary.
- 2. Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by us in Hong Kong include:
- • processing applications of membership account;
- • our operations, e.g., incorporation into our database, analysis, research and auditing
- • notification and promotional news of Flora Innovative Lighting Limited, our business partners and counterparts;
- • marketing Flora Innovative Lighting’s services or products;
- • complying with laws in Hong Kong
- • legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
- • other purposes relating to the activities identified above.
We may conduct direct marketing via email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
- 3. Disclosure
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- • personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
- • our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts
- • persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- • persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in Hong Kong;
- • actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services.
We cannot control how third parties use information.
- 4. Cookies [applicable to online user]
Cookies are commonly used to facilitate transmission and to provide more useful features. It is a piece of data stored in your computer. We use these devices to find out more about the use of our websites and user preferences, in order to improve our services. We may share summarized traffic data and note traffic, pages visited and time spent. You are not identified.
You may set your browser to reject cookies, or tell you when a cookie is being sent.
Cookies are necessary for some features of the website to work, e.g., to maintain continuity during a session. If they are not accepted, those features may not work properly.
We use an email delivery and technical consultant company to send emails that you have agreed to receive. Pixels tags and cookies are used in those emails and at our website to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our web site.
- 5. Security
Personal data stored electronically are password-protected. Encryption technology is used on our secured web areas. Our computer systems are placed in restricted areas. We only permit authorized employees to access personal data. These employees are trained on our privacy policies.
- 6. Hyperlinks [applicable to online user]
Hyperlinks to other websites are provided for your convenience. You will leave our website for another location that is not controlled by us. Our privacy policies do not apply to other websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of the other websites.
- 7. Changes
We may update this Statement and keep you posted for the changes.
- 8. Data transfers
We will generally hold your data on our servers in Hong Kong. However, we may transfer it to our overseas offices elsewhere in the world or to any of the people listed at paragraph 3 above, who may be located elsewhere.
- 9. Your consent and rights
By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this Statement unless your express consent is otherwise required by the law.
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, individuals have the right:
- • to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
- • to require us to correct inaccurate data;
- • to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us.
• Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to:
Flora Innovative Lighting Limited
Unit No. 3, 22/F., Kodak House 2,39 Healthy Street East, North point, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2590 9468 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting Fax: (852) 2561 2226
E-mail : email@example.com
If there is any conflict between the Chinese and English versions of this Statement, the English version prevails.